Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Who's down for a make over?



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsZm-7vZo4s

Posted my first YouTube video today! It's a tutorial of how to do a more subtle Smokey eye especially for people who feel like the dark dramatic Smokey eye is age inappropriate. The key to this step is to prep your face so that you have a clean canvas.
Anyone want to be my next victim while i attempt this look on another person?! =) Someone who doesn't mind being on camera and is naturally attractive for aesthetic reasons LOL jk jk :D

Step 1) I like to use a moisturizer especially one with SPF at least 15 around the eyes and the nose

Step 2) use concealer to hide any small blemishes and make sure to blend

Step 3) blend using your finger and set with powder(but not too much powder you'll look like a cake)

Step 4) Time for the fun part, prep your eyes with a nice base eye primer. I like to use High Voltage Eye Primer from Kat Von D from Sephora ($15)

Step 5) use eyeshadow of choice, make sure that its of brown pigment and not black, you want a subtle smokey eye rather than a whore-ish smokey eye.

Step 6) I like to use a light color, pink or gold, or any color of your choice for the inner lid towards your canthi. Something to take away from the darkness

Step 7) Line your upper inner water line with black or brown eyeliner

Step 8) I prefer no mascara but if you do choose to do so make sure its a dryer formula so it doesnt look chunky.

Step 9) use a light pink blush under your zygomatic bone. make sure the crease isnt too extenuated! Enjoyyyyyyyy

Also, i like to curl my hair with this look, it looks nice and its easy to do! I'll post a video on how to get a WAVY look rather than curly!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoying your blog postings so far! Keep them coming...

    ReplyDelete
  2. please teach me how to wear makeup so that i won't look like a hot mess next to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're so pretty! do me next, kk?

    ReplyDelete