Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Feeling Artsy?

So earlier I was carpooling with Janice to school and she told me about this art warehouse that holds events occasionally for local artists. It sounded pretty cool so i decided to look it up. It's called the Winter Street Studios off of winter street. http://www.winterstreetstudios.net/events.htm
the cool part is that janice told me that she went to an event where they had free admissions and free drinks/foods. I just kept thinking to myself that this is my kind of place. Anyways, she also brought up the Rothko Chapel located next to the Menil on Richmond. http://www.rothkochapel.org/ Supposedly its not a super religious chapel for services though they do hold some there, its more of an artsy fartsy chapel. One where you can spiritually revive yourself if you feel lost. The walls are black? Who would've thunk it. If you guys ever have time or if you would like to attend this with me just hit me up! I want to see what this chapel is allllll about!


Edit Post****
More places to check out (thanks to EJ)
Dan Flavin Installation at Richmond Hall (not actually in the Menil) and the Art Palace Gallery. Wow, im astonished that there is so much art and creativity in such a serious business oriented city.

No comments:

Post a Comment